That's mine. What's yours?

Tuesday, 5 February 2013
Telkom Corporate University, Bandung

Since I was a little kid, I always dream to work in a big company, wearing formal attire and high heels to keep my chin up. Meeting new people, driving luxurious car, spending most of my time to develop my skill and carrier, so that I can sit on that hot seat as the head of one divisions. People will see me as a really successful woman, smart, and able to reach whatever she wants easily.

Then I start my formal education. Going along to junior high school, then senior high school, and a litlle bit frustated when it comes to the reality that I cant pass the national university acceptance test. But it is not the big problem. I still can study at public university called polytechnic. And majoring the department that I am passionate to. English for Business.

Soon after the graduation, I've found myself a lil'bit different with what I expect to. I mean, I really hope that I can major bachelor degree, while in fact, I graduate with diploma 3 title. In finding job, I found several difficulties that make me realize "OK, to be a successful woman like what you expect before, need patience and continuous efforts".

Then, working in the bank as a trainer is the first step that I choose to start my carrier. In the middle of my life as an employee, I always thinking to continue my study to that bachelor degree while in reality, it quite hard to do that double job since my job wont allow me (regarding the time, not the permission) to do that double things.

Since that time, slowly the vision of being a girl with great carrier dissappear. Dont know why, but seems like the universe doesnt guide me to that path. Everything that I see now is maximize you job by doing great, not only good. But then, a lilttle sparkle of hope comes. I was accepted to work in a better manufacturing company with the position that in line with my passion. ut who knows then? i got no permission from my mom, and that's all.

I was angry at that time and felt very dissapointed that my future seems like still on my mom's hand. Then, the tagline of "Mother knows best" actually 100% true. She knows what is the best for me. Soon after that "tragedy" haha, I found better job in my hometown and everything goes well now :)

One point, why I'm writing this post, is based on a set of events and moments happen in my life. Nobody knows what will you do, get, be, or whatever in the future. Those are secrets, created and decided by the only God, Allah SWT. What you only have to do is do as great as you can in every single thing you have and for the result, back to the creator of this world.

Back to my first dreamThat's mine. What's yours?, I realize that I am far away to reach that point. What I mean is I lose my passion in reaching a great carrier and position. I dont want to trade them with my family's happiness.

Today, I've decided. I am gonna continue my study for bachelor degree in March 2013, and graduates with the title of "Sarjana Sastra (Inggris)" in the following years. Then, what the rest to do is get married before my 24th birthday (which is on May), resign for my job, and follow where my husband will take me (in this case, let's call him "Muhammad Harist Muhtadin"). Do I need to get work? Sure. I will find a job that can cooperate well with my primary job as aWIFE and MOTHER. Maybe a teacher, or be a lecturer while also continue my study to Master Degree.

Oya, do I need to regret those achievements or moments and suddenly resign from my job? Lets see it from another point of view. If you are smart, full of knowledge, be a great person that your company proud of, then APPLY it at your home. Be a asmart mother for your children, it's the time for you to transfer all of the knowledges you've got and create your lovely kids in a good environment and great education. Be a smart wife, that can dedicate your life to fully support your husband, cook and serve every dining time, represent yourself as a great partner in front of your husband's workmate, that's the points. Nothing is useless.

And that's what my decisions. May Allah SWT bless all the way I go..


That's mine. What's yours?




You Might Also Like

0 comments