ASEAN - Japan Youth Leader Forum 2013

Bismilllahirrahmanirrahim,

Hello blogging world, it's been a long time I've been away from virtual writing life. Sorry for that. I am currently back to college life since August 2013 because I continue my study into the Bachelor Degree (extension program) at STBA-Yapari ABA, Bandung. Still majoring English, tho'. Yeah, I'm on my way for being a great English lecturer in the future rite haha..

Ok back to the title. Seem boring, but it was one of my biggest highlights in 2013! Another memorable highligt was my engagement day with my beloved Harist and the journey during the Indonesia-Malaysia Youth Exhange Program (IMYEP) held by KEMENPORA RI and Kementrian Belia dan Sukan, Malaysia. This program has not been written in this blog yet since I need to compose it into a good review so everybody can read the post without thinking too much about the issue (ngeles:p).

OK IT'S OFFICIALY BACK TO THE TITLE!
(hopefully)

So, I was called by one of the officer of KEMENPORA RI last November (I forgot the exact date) named Mba Uki. She informed me that there is a forum held in Cambodia in the end of November and Indonesia would send six (6) delegates chosen by the ministry to join that forum. I was free by the designated time given by the committee and without thinking too much, I said yes to her and the next step will be informed through email. It's quite surprising to know that I was chosen since I just be back at home last month and finished IMYEP, but there is directly another chance to go abroad (freely) again hehe. Alhamdulillah..

Not long after the phone call, Mba Uki sent me the email regarding the following news about the forum and the document needed to be sent to the local committee. By that email, I finally knew the highlight of this forum.

Name of the forum: "ASEAN-Japan Youth Leader Forum: Roles of Youth in the ASEAN-Japan Relations in the 21st Century"
Place : Siem Reap, Cambodia
Date : 30 Nov-2 Dec 2013
The date was actually delayed from the first announcement due tp several technical problem (as what had been informed by the committee) and I was quite dissappointed with the delay since I need to rearrange my schedule at college (sok sibuk, haha).
Anw, the six delegates (including me) are all the alumny of PPAN (Program Pertukaran Antar Negara) in different batch. They all are my new friends (except Icu, since I've known her at the selection test of West Java PPAN 2013):
1. Muhammad Ridhwan Riza ( Alumni Pertukaran Pemuda Indonesia-Australia thn. 2010)
2. Endri Susanto (Alumni Pertukaran Pemuda Indonesia-Korea thn. 2011)
3. Wihelmus Wempy Hadir (Alumni Pertukaran Pemuda Indonesia-India thn. 2012)
4. Indry Widyasti Anwar (Alumni Pertukaran Pemuda Indonesia-Kanada thn. 2012)
5. Raden Icu Surtini Marwati (Alumni Kapal Pemuda ASEAN-Jepang/SSEAYP thn. 2012)
6. Yessy Purnamasari (Alumni Pertukaran Pemuda Indonesia-Malaysia thn. 2013)

Overall, the forum was brought up by SamdechAkka MohasenaPdei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, at the 16th ASEAN-Japan Summit on 9 October 2013 as part of the commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation with the purpose of providing a platform for youth leaders from ASEAN Member States and Japan to exchange views on achievements, challenges, and opportunities of the ASEAN-Japan relations as well as to provide recommendations for future direction of ASEAN-Japan strategic partnership in the next decades. The forum would make key recommendations to the leaders at their ASEAN-Japan Commemorative Summit in Tokyo, on 13-15 December 2013 for their consideration (cited from the Opening Remark by H.E IM KOCH on the opening ceremony of the forum).

So, quite interesting rite? I personally agree and here are some photos taken during the forum and you can see the athmosphere of the youth excitement over there :)













 That's a wrap!
What's coming in 2014?
Just wait and see..



You Might Also Like

0 comments